The nightclub-restaurant .COM opened last week with 15 staff, a new Swedish Group General Manager and an array of attractions new to Sai Kung.
Anders Andersson, the new Group GM, said there will be special nights four days a week and a four-piece band performing on Fridays and Saturdays. He also announced the group has bought and renovated two motor launches now available for hire for parties and excursions at sea.
Anders outlined .COM’s nightly offers:
- JAZZ NIGHT ON MONDAYS: Varying bands from 9.30.
- LADIES’ NIGHT ON TUESDAYS: One free drink for every female customer. From 8-9pm free white, red or sparkling wine for women. 9-11 those wines just $25 a glass.
- DJ NIGHT ON WEDNESDAYS: A disc jockey will perform from 9.30.
- MEN’S NIGHT ON THURSDAYS: Pool competition from 7pm with first prize $500 cash and $500 bar tab, second prize $300 cash plus $300 tab and second prize $200 cash plus $200 tab. For men selected beers will be free from 8-9pm. After that the beers will be $40 a pint for men. Bottle beers $30.
- FRIDAYS AND SATURDAYS: A four-piece band will play from 9.30. Owner Jeff said he has 15 musicians and singers on contract and the mix of entertainers will vary. “We will try different combinations and plan to build a .COM band that people recognise.”
Food and beverage at .COM is in the hands of American General Manager Rick Ney, formerly of the Mandarin Oriental and Shangri-la. The bar manager is Sam Moussa, an Egyptian.
Among starters, Anders highlighted the lollipop-style chix wings at $68 and the Thai grilled pork at $98. The Burmese samosa salad is a speciality, he said. The bed of samosas is hot with an overlay of spicy salad. In the main courses, he suggested looking for the philly cheese steak at $145 and the penne bolognese at $108.
Owner Jeff said the New Zealand sauvignon blanc house wine at $45 a glass in happy hour is attractive. The house red is South African cabernet sauvignon. Among the bottles of wines he recommended the La Rose de Monton Cadet ($688). “With Rick and Sam, I’ve sampled 500 wines.”
Jeff said he is building a chain of nightclub-restaurants under the .COM brand. Anders will be chief executive of all .COM group businesses including trading, exporting and online sales of a range of branded products. The new motor launches accommodating up to 50 are a 75-footer named “.COM Paradise” and a 65-footer, “.COM Dream”. Catering on the boats will be by the new Po Tung Road restaurant.